Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Reunion

Ryan's high school reunion was Saturday night. Ryan (actually Ryan and Kristin :-)) was in charge of planning it.

Here we are, the party planners (actually the picture is missing Nadia, our one other reunion helper!)

Just as a note to any people with reunions coming up, do not get a spray tan the day before a class reunion. You turn orange and you have to turn any pictures into black and white and you still will look like a nut :-) I keep thinking, at least it wasn't my reunion!!! Ryan insisted I didn't look orange at all during the evening and that the flash must have provided some weird light...nice husband, but I don't believe him!!!

Anyway, the night actually went really well. The turnout was pretty good, people mingled and seemed happy and almost all of the food got eaten. Success!!!

The class picture

We won't mention the part of the 3 guys that stirred up a lot of trouble or the fact that the person in charge kept coming to Ryan and threatening to call the police on the guys (Ryan felt like he was at work dealing with really big students), nope we'll just stick to the nice evening and good to see old friends part. Seriously, if I owned a golf course and someone rolled my golf cart and threw a banana peel (yes, a banana peel) at my bartender (this was all prior to the reunion even starting!!) I think I would have just kicked these guys out. But it is not my golf course and I forgot, I wasn't mentioning any of that
anyway :-)

We are glad that the evening went seemingly well and that we got to catch up with lots of people from high school (I graduated from the same high school two years after Ryan), but you could say we are slightly relieved the whole thing is behind us...for at least five years anyway!

2 comments:

The Abbott Family said...

I love the spray tan story...and the fact that when you blow up the class picture it looks like two guys are about to kiss in the back ground! Maybe they were the two causing all the trouble! Glad you had fun time and hey...its over for a few years now!
-Lindsey

Katie R said...

I love Layla's NIU gear! Nice work on the sweatshirt Kristin!