Sunday, September 20, 2009

Babies, Babies, Babies!

In the next few months to come Layla is going to be welcoming many new friends!! So many of my girlfriends are pregnant right now and I just cannot wait to meet all of these babies. Yesterday was the first of many showers that I am helping plan (which makes me happy because we all know how I love a theme party!). My girlfriend Nicole's shower was yesterday and I just had to show a couple of pictures! The theme was "My Mom Rocks."

Here is a picture of the shower planning group and Nicole, the mom-to-be, who is due in about 7 weeks!


Now for the details!!

First the invitations:





The information was on the inside of the onesie card but there was too much personal info (phone number, e-mail, etc) on it that I didn't think would be appropriate to put on the blog :-)
Below is my first attempt at a diaper cake "My Mom Rocks" style.



Next, the cd that everyone signed as a guestbook. It turned out to be a really good cd. It is called "Rockabye Baby" which consists of lullaby versions of Beatle songs. It also provided the background music for the gathering.


Next, Anni made the favors which consisted of Nicole and Kris' favorite songs on a cd. I love this idea that Anni came up with and we were going for a favor that people would really use and that was of course music themed :-) And the cds were placed in a melted record bowl that was so very easy to make.


Here are the tables and drink station. I am so bummed I forgot to get pictures of the food because all of the girls had such an eye for arranging all of the food on the platters that were served to each table. We used records for the dessert trays (with wax paper on top so people weren't eating food right off of the record).


Now the wait for Baby Rissman is on...we can't wait for the little guy to arrive :-)

1 comment:

Katie R said...

you are so creative! i love the rock in roll cake, very cute!