Layla is 15 months old (two days ago) and I am reminded regularly that she is no longer a baby. People in public are starting to guess her age more accurately now, she no longer qualifies for the baby nametag at the local hospital (safety precaution for non-walkers, I guess...) and the funniest story was involving a little girl in our playgroup. The little two year old declared about a week ago that Layla was no longer a baby. She used to follow Layla around and say "baby" over and over again. Well, no longer necessary I guess :-)
Hard to believe I am sure, but I am having trouble coming out of the baby phase. The worst part for me? Giving up the bottle. Layla is definitely ready and I need to take the plunge, but I think I may need Ryan to hide the bottles from me...not Layla!!Layla is pretty hilarious with Howie right now. She learned how to open up the dog crate last week (she does not like Howie to be in it at all and it is a part of our new "training" with him), yells and points whenever she thinks Howie is misbehaving and on Monday put a piece of food on the ground in front of Howie and waved her hand at him and yelled something that we think meant "stay." We have been practicing the "stay" with Howie and Layla was trying it out for herself!!
At 15 months, Layla is so fun to watch right now and has such a little personality. She loves to go for walks (she likes to point out things that she thinks don't belong now on walks...newspapers, garbage cans, little bits of paper...you name it!), be chased, practice her scribbling skills, dance, clap, look through a large quantity of books very quickly, and practice her cd skills with the cd player.
15 months...can you believe it?
And here is Layla "writing" on her Aquadoodle. Using water filled pen and water filled paint brush Layla can scribble to her heart's desire...and even chew the pen/brush if she wants...it is only water! Perfect for a 15 month old who loves to scribble and likes the taste of crayons :-)
1 comment:
Morning (again),
Ms. Layla sounds like she is really coming into her own as of late. Love the fact she feels involved in Howie's training regiment and has time to enjoy all her personal interests as well!
Love,
Super AA
Post a Comment