On Thursday, my school threw me a great baby shower. I was overwhelmed with how many people attended (teachers are busy after school!) and how generous everyone was.
I am so lucky to work where I do and to be surrounded by great co-workers. They were incredibly supportive with everything with the baby and have helped me in any way that they could. Thursday was my last day at work for the school year regardless of baby coming or not so I said good-bye to everyone on Thursday after the shower.
Friday was filled with anxiety about the baby possibly coming and doctor's appointments so today is the official first day of my leave. I am having a hard time not being at school to enjoy the chaos that is the end of the school year. It is a crazy time (field days, field trips, class parties, etc-) but there is something very gratifying about finishing out a school year with your students. My mom thinks I will be over this by Wednesday so we shall see :-) I am trying to force myself to remember the shortness of breath, shooting pain in my back, and the stress that came with juggling work and the unknowns that are surrounding our baby to be.
Today I will be on the computer (as you can tell from the updated blogs) and writing lots of thank you notes for the two showers I have had and giving this body and baby the rest that they need :-) I will keep everyone posted on how our appointments go this week.
Nautical 4th Birthday Party
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment