Tuesday, May 20, 2008

And we keep moving on-

Tonight we had an appointment with the high risk doctor. Although we didn't write it in our blog last night, our regular doctor had expressed that she would like the baby out ASAP just in case complications would arise. She even told us if it were her (she is 20 weeks pregnant) she would want the baby out where she could see her. So of course this made us think she could be coming out again, but the regular doctor and the high risk doctor chatted today and the high risk doctor decided she is still benefiting more from the inside than the outside world. We chatted in depth with him this afternoon about our worries/fears about something happening to her inside of me, and he was very understanding but said as our doctor he basically has to wait for the perfect time to pull her (when the risks inside outweigh risks outside). He told us about new studies that are related to low birth weight/early babies and resulting negative outcomes that could come 20-30 years down the road for the little lady. That all being said, if anything goes wrong they will pull her immediately. We just thought we might want to be proactive rather than reactive, but we have to put our trust in the doctors and the tests that she is having twice a week. The doctor even sat in for the whole test tonight to make sure everything looked good with the baby. I think he can tell I am slightly starting to lose my mind between talking with the regular doctor, the high risk doctor, and constantly monitoring the movement/lack of movement with the baby. So we remain with our appointments and close monitoring and hope for the best. That is our update for tonight, we will update later in the week.

No comments: