Wednesday, December 16, 2009

CPR

A couple of Sundays ago, Ryan, Katie, Josh and I became certified in infant/child CPR. Actually, Katie was already certified because she is a nurse, but she wanted a refresher course now that she has a little newborn (Zander!) at home. Stephanie taught the class as she is a certified CPR teacher (is that the correct term?) through the American Red Cross. Thanks Steph for donating your entire Sunday (yes, just about the entire day...we were talkative students!) to teach us how to do CPR.

This first picture cracks me up! Josh was doing the CPR on himself because Katie was nursing the baby. I couldn't stop laughing so I was not a very good unconscious person and I have no idea where Ryan is looking in this picture!


Next up Stephanie had Josh stop trying to resuscitate himself and I was on my own to save Ryan. Fortunately for him, I was right on cue with the video in the background. However, I did have kind of a hard time remembering all of the steps in the beginning and I was trying to figure out why. I think I haven't really had to use my brain in the "learn and apply" manner in quite some time. Actually it has been 18 months to be exact! I decided I need to start doing crosswords or something...maybe I'll start watching Wheel of Fortune again.. :-)

Below is a picture of Katie and Josh performing CPR on their mannequins.

And here is sweet little Zander who was so good all day while we were learning our CPR skills. Isn't he and his hair adorable?

So now all of you adorable babies that were born, I am ready to baby-sit you. And yes, I am CPR certified :-)

1 comment:

Stephanie H said...

CPR Teacher works....or CPR Instructor. =) You were all good students!