Layla is 18 months on December 6. Is this hard for anyone else to believe? She seems to have gotten even older overnight due to all of the new babies that are arriving. The babies are so little...and she seems SO big. In the next few weeks, Layla will have her first haircut, 18 month check-up and 18 month photo shoot.
Now for 18 stats about our sweet 18 month old Layla (thanks Cass for letting me borrow this idea from your 18 month post!)
Favorite Book: Old McDonald had a Farm (anything animal related really) and 10 Little Ladybugs
Favorite Words: No, Blue and Football
Favorite Food: Cheese, frozen peas, sweet breads, noodles, carrots, oatmeal, Cheerios, any dipping sauces and of course M&Ms at Grandma and Grandpa Sloan's house (Layla calls them yemen ems)
Favorite Toys: Dollhouse, anything writing related, balls, playdough, cups in the bath & riding toys
Favorite Animals: Loves dogs, cats (Layla now calls all cats Booo for Blue) monkeys & pigs (she spots her Halloween costume and wants to put it right on) but really seems to be taken with all animals
Favorite Character: I would say Barney because she does love Barney, but most recently she is loving Cookie Monster although I don't even know if it is exactly him who she is in love with. I have a sneaking suspicion it may be the constant cookie in his hand that intrigues Ms. Layla. She says "yum yum yum" when she sees Cookie Monster.
Favorite Place: I would have to say the grandparents' houses and the park. Loves the grandparents and loves slides.
Biggest Pet Peeve: Going to the doctor's office....last time we went they were nice (smart?) enough to do everything in the waiting room first...then take us back to the room for the shots. Yikes!
Sleep Habits: Currently back on track sleeping from about 8-8 at night and taking one two hour nap in the middle of the day. After a rough period, thank goodness consistent naps have returned...for now!
Words she says: Layla, mama, da, dog, kitty cat, blue, what's that?, no, yum, papa, cheese, Barney, more, hi, bye bye, whoa, football, oh geez, uh oh, up, ball, shoes, bubbles, keys & M&M's
Word we cannot figure out what it means: "dadow"
Words that are coming really soon: Seamus (calls him "C"), animals, and cow
Signs she uses: More, please, all done, help, ball & dance (when prompted), spider (to prompt us to sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider, so I don't really know if it is a sign)
Animal sounds she makes: Roar for lion, moo for cow, monkey is almost there!
Loves: Being chased, dancing to music in her crib, playing "where's Layla?," wearing purses, bracelets & necklaces
Biggest difference from 12 months: Walking, communicating and the need to constantly be moving!
One of Daddy's favorite things about Layla: He couldn't pick between her fake laugh (so funny!) and her excitement when someone she knows walks through our door
One of Mommy's favorite things about Layla: Layla is learning so many things so fast! I love watching her discover everything around her!
New Interests: Christmas trees, Santa, the chocolate Advent calendar, Christmas cards with pictures or animals on them, nativity, ornaments, did I mention the chocolate Advent calendar?...can you tell this girl is smitten with all things Christmas?
Nicknames: Layla Buggies, Bugs, Buggles, Rosie Toes, Goosey
Layla, happy 18 months! We love you and your dad and I are so proud of all you have accomplished in your first 18 months of life...it is hard work being a baby and toddler!! You are just so fun and cute right now that we wish we could keep you like this forever. Now if I could just bottle up that boundless energy and use a little for myself, that would be great too :-)
Happy 18 months Layla!

3 comments:
I love all the pictures and facts about her. She is such a sweetie and I can't wait to see her soon. Also...your video didn't show up. =(
Morning -
Congrats to all of you - you have enjoyed and worried, rejoiced and felt helpless... only to see Ms. Layla blossum into a healthy, loving, and funny lil girl who entertains all who surround her.
Am looking forward to Saturday.....
Love, Super AA
Happy 18 months Miss Layla! I enjoyed reading this post and all that she is doing right now!
Post a Comment