Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Family

Our family has been doing very well lately, but very busy.

Layla and I have settled back into our fall routine. I am enjoying the peace at the parks now that the elementary schools are back in session and the craziness in the stores now that the college students are back. Isn't that weird that I enjoy both ends of the spectrum?? Now Layla and I are just awaiting the grand re-opening of our local Target. I just cannot wait for it to re-open in October, we will be knocking down the doors!!!

Yep, Layla even helps with the cleaning! She LOVES the Swiffer broom.


Ryan has been very busy with the opening of the school and the students starting back up. His hours have been very long but he enjoyed meeting the students for the first time yesterday. He called the elementary kids "very refreshing." Ryan loved middle school kids, but there is nothing like the excitement of elementary aged kids on the first day of school. Layla and I joined the community at the Open House and ribbon cutting ceremony at the school on Sunday. Ryan spoke at the ceremony and did a very nice job. Layla enjoyed the ceremony and of course clapped after everyone talked (she clapped during one of the speeches, I think she was ready to head to the playground so she was trying to wrap things up!).

And now for Mr. Howie. His craziness has finally caught up with him. I am determined to have a nice (and calm) family dog so Howie is in personal training sessions right now and we will join an obedience class following these one on one sessions. Even though the training started just over a week ago, we have seen progress which is motivating. If you see a dog walking in our neighborhood with a backpack on...yep, it is us!

And yes we have been busy, but we did have time to get some family pictures taken a couple of weeks ago. The pictures were taken by the wonderful Heather Woodward in Lake Geneva and the first few pictures were taken on the same dock as a portion of our wedding pictures were.

Here they are:
http://www.heatherwoodwardphotography.com/proofs/index.php?do=photocart&action=accessGallery

The access code is just our last name.

I hope you enjoy the pictures of our family!!!!!

1 comment:

Katie R said...

I love those pics on the beach. I also love that blue dress of Laylas!