Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fair Day, Fun Day

Today my mom, Aunt Joan, Layla and I went to the big fair in my hometown. We had a fun day introducing Layla to her first fair day. Below is a picture of her in the horse barn. Layla loved the horses and she even touched one! But we didn't get a picture of it :-)

Speaking of horses, Layla rode a pony! Don't worry (I would be the one worrying so I thought I should add this), we went to the ponies that are seemingly treated nicely. They were under shade and had a nice shaded relaxing area to rest after too many spins in the circle. I didn't get a picture with her on the pony because I was walking next to her but I am hoping my mom or aunt caught a good one. Anyway, Layla did well until the pony shook her head and then Layla was done. But we were proud of her while it lasted...and then of course after we got off Layla wanted back on the pony. I told her maybe when we go back with Daddy :-)

Layla also enjoyed the duck game, any type of ball she could spot on the fairgrounds and the live country music being played at the fair. She really enjoyed herself.

Possibly up there with the horses for the best part of the day for Layla was the raspberry creme popsicle that Aunt Joan bought for her. Layla loved it and you know, just ate it like a little lady not getting a bit on herself :-) Ha ha!

And lastly, here is a picture of Layla in her stroller. Do you think we use it as a big purse? On it you will find cotton candy, kettle corn, Layla's 1 year pictures I picked up at her photographer's booth and of course her new beloved soccer ball she won at the duck game....oh, and yes Layla is STILL clapping just before we leave the park :-) Thanks Joan for a great day! Ann we will see you Saturday, we missed you!

1 comment:

Stephanie H said...

I SO want to see a picture of Layla on a horse. I can just imagine her wanting to get off and then get right back on. Thanks for sharing!