Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cars

Layla is overall a very happy little girl, but have I ever told all of you that Layla is a not so great car rider? She cries, yells mama (a lot) and well...very rarely falls asleep in the car.

Sidenote-Layla never falls asleep in her stroller on walks or when shopping either. She never really has. Isn't that odd for a baby who loved the motion of the swing? I guess I should just be thankful she sleeps in a crib. Anyway, I have found a temporary fix for the car problems. The mini magna-doodle. It used to be a diaper bag toy but has now been transitioned into a car toy. Yoo hoo!!!

And yep, if you're wondering, Layla still uses a pacifier. She mainly gets it when she sleeps and in the car (for my own sanity!) Another yep, she is still rear facing in her carseat. For now, it is still safer to have her backwards but I will switch it in the near future I am sure :-)

Have a great rest of the week everyone!

PS People in the Wal-mart parking lot were looking at me like I had lost my mind taking pictures of the backseat of my car (I don't think they could see Layla). This was a very big moment for us so I just had to photograph it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness they have come up with lotsa car toys these days.

She will soon learn that Mom and Dads' car takes her to happy places - most of the time.

Her older cousin HATED the auto - once we had to drive to Michigan with classical music playing - it was the ONLY thing that soothed him - t'was a long 3 hours!!!

Love, Super AA