Layla, 27 months
I am not going to lie, Layla can be a crazy lady. She loves to stay busy and lately loves to jump on the bed. We have decided to compromise and let her jump on her knees. She actually has stopped climbing on the bed and jumping on her feet. Now she bounces on her knees saying "knees, mommy, knees." This could come back to haunt us when she is in a big girl bed.

Layla has just recently taken an interest in the alphabet. Her favorite book is Chicka Chicka Boom Boom (I swear I did not push this...but since she showed such an interest I did just order this felt board set to go with it!!). Layla's favorite television show is Word World where every single animal, building and item is shaped like a word. Here Layla is playing what she calls "word world" with letters on the fridge. It is pretty cute to listen to, as she calls every letter "E" and"O."
Layla has been to the doctor quite a bit this past month. She had one of her small staring seizures about four weeks ago (first one in eight months...we thought they had been "burned" out by the medicine) and this set into motion appointments, blood draws and medicine changes. Medicine changes can mean behavior changes too which can be very draining and confusing as it is hard to tell what is being two and what is the meds. Right now Layla is well and the medicine seems to be a good amount for her body and she loves to mimic everything on her beloved baby doll (note to self, put said doll away during playdates...it is always a sure thing to cause a sharing scuffle from Miss Layla!!).
Layla loves to go for bike rides in the bike trailer. She grew out of her old helmet and picked out this "bike hat" herself at Target and wore it all around the store until it was time to check out. Two year olds are funny little beings!
Here are Layla and Ryan at the park with her buddy Levi and his dad too. Layla kept looking behind her to make sure Levi was chasing her. Oh boy!!
And she likes to be a "monk-ee" (monkey) too.
More climbing!!
Layla may love her bikes and parks but she has a girly side too! She received this beauty set from my dad's cousin Paddy and she loves it. Layla's favorites are the pretend nail polish and hair dryer. I have all the little beauty supplies in a basket and I take them out when I am getting ready. So far it has worked out really well.
**Okay seriously, Layla is obsessed with this Cub's t-shirt. A couple of Ryan's teachers bought it for her at the end of the school year last spring and she fell in love as soon she saw it. It is her go-to comfy shirt...and she wears it A LOT as documented in these pictures!
Puzzles!! Layla loves puzzles right now. I used to have them put away and take them out to play with and she was never interested. Now the puzzles are accessible to Layla all the time and she is a puzzle maniac.
This ocean/fishing puzzle is her favorite right now. She has become a pro at fishing for the magnetic puzzle pieces. It is from Michaels and it is $5...$3 with a coupon :-)
And lastly, Mr. Howie and his "party hat" from Layla. He might be a crazy little dog but he really is so good and patient with Layla...and apparently has pretty good balance too.
Thanks for staying with me through Layla's update...I will love looking back. I read back all the time at Layla's first year and it makes me so happy to have so many stories and pictures in one place.
Have a good rest of the week!!











2 comments:
Hello my Family--
I am so glad Layla is balancing her meds with that sturdy body of hers!
Love the pics! As always!
love to all, sa J
I'm just catching up on some blog reading and love all your recent posts but love this recap of Layla the best! What a good idea to have her "girly" stuff when you are getting ready too. Also, have you thought about changing your banner to include a more recent pictures???
Post a Comment