We have been pretty busy which is where my lack of blogging has come in. It is that time of year! Let's see, what have we been doing??
Ryan softball season has begun (Layla seemed to enjoy it, but I was constantly worried about balls hitting her in the head. I told my friend Nicole that I was contemplating bringing Layla in her bike helmet next week).
Howie is in training.....again. Layla calls Howie "No No." I think that probably explains why he is back in training. Actually, he hasn't done anything big and wrong, we are just working on manners....again. Howie is still barking in the backyard (I've decided this may be hopeless) and needs to be a nice walker (going pretty well...).
Layla is getting a little help with her speech from the local university. She was making progress but the rate at which her talking was developing was making me nervous so I had her checked out for a second round of evaluations and this time she qualified. Layla has had two sessions and is making great progress in that she is taking more risks and gaining more confidence in trying out her words. The therapist has said Layla is a funny little thing with her speech. She skips the simple words (dog, cat, nose, juice, etc) and goes right for words like painting, sitting and yellow. The sessions are play sessions for Layla and she is really happy following our speech time, so far so good!
We traveled to visit my sister, brother-in-law and Shea this past weekend. Layla and Shea are a riot to watch together and they really love spending time with each other. We visited a nature museum the last day we were there and that is where these pictures were taken.
Ryan softball season has begun (Layla seemed to enjoy it, but I was constantly worried about balls hitting her in the head. I told my friend Nicole that I was contemplating bringing Layla in her bike helmet next week).
Howie is in training.....again. Layla calls Howie "No No." I think that probably explains why he is back in training. Actually, he hasn't done anything big and wrong, we are just working on manners....again. Howie is still barking in the backyard (I've decided this may be hopeless) and needs to be a nice walker (going pretty well...).
Layla is getting a little help with her speech from the local university. She was making progress but the rate at which her talking was developing was making me nervous so I had her checked out for a second round of evaluations and this time she qualified. Layla has had two sessions and is making great progress in that she is taking more risks and gaining more confidence in trying out her words. The therapist has said Layla is a funny little thing with her speech. She skips the simple words (dog, cat, nose, juice, etc) and goes right for words like painting, sitting and yellow. The sessions are play sessions for Layla and she is really happy following our speech time, so far so good!
We traveled to visit my sister, brother-in-law and Shea this past weekend. Layla and Shea are a riot to watch together and they really love spending time with each other. We visited a nature museum the last day we were there and that is where these pictures were taken.

Let's see, what else? Layla likes to be outside, A LOT. I have been sewing often and working on Layla's 2nd (gulp) birthday party. Ryan has been busy with school and I am afraid it will only get busier before it slows down. The end of the year is a crazy busy time in an elementary school.
That is about it around here, you are all caught up. One more thing! Layla has finally started wearing a little ponytail in her hair, her hair has been growing so fast. She is looking like such a little girl these days, not a trace of baby Layla left.









3 comments:
Howdy -
Sounds like you all have been very busy! The photos are wonderful and Ms. Layla is looking SO grown up. Am glad to hear the Howster is back in school and learning his P's and Q's.
Love,
Super AA
Thanks for the update! I love her little ponytail. She does look so grown up. I can't wait to see her!
I can't wait to hear what you are sewing for her birthday party! Sounds so fun and festive!
Post a Comment