Howie broke his leg at approximately 4 months old and the good luck has just kept on rolling :-)
Monday, Howie had an allergic reaction to his yearly shots and collapsed as I put him into his crate to take him home. I had Layla with me so I had to run inside with Layla and have a tech come out to carry Howie back into the vet (the same vet I had just paid a generous sum for the yearly visit) to get hooked up to an IV and to be administered steroids and Benadryl. Layla asked a lot of "Where No No go?" while he was out of the room hooked up to the IV. The vet had a chuckle over Layla's name for the dog. After paying even more money, we headed home. Two hours later, Howie looked like a puffer fish/bumpy toad (allergic reaction take 2). Luckily the vet sent us home with steroids so after an hour and a cool fan, Howie returned to his normal looking self.

Poor Howie could barely be pulled out of his bed the next day, his training class day, so I headed to the class dogless. Awkward! I wanted to go because next week we have a big test for graduation with grades for owners and dogs and ribbons and everything. What do I get myself into sometimes? I'm thinking Howie needs to bring his own ribbon if he wants to go home with a ribbon (I might have stolen that line from the man with the golden retriever in our class).
Oh, and did I mention Howie ate an ant trap 3 weeks ago (I swear it was snugly under the fridge and either the ants walked it out or an orange cat was Howie's partner in crime.) and had to be taken into the vet to be fed charcoal to soak up the poison? I must have forgotten to share that Howie story!
So my dog is a little naughty and prone to illness but at least I always know when the UPS truck is at our house delivering a package...hee hee! And no need to worry, Howie was back to his normal self today and Layla was very happy "No No" finally came out of his bed!
3 comments:
Morning -
GOOD GRIEF.....the Howster is taking a beating lately...poor guy :(
Let him know that his AH cousins are sympathic to his cause :)
Love,
Super AA
Thanks for the early morning chuckle, Kristin. I feel your pain! Maggie used to get into all sorts of stupid situations that cost me time and money - when I had it the least, of course. Misery loves company. Hang in there. And good luck next week. Even if Howie isn't committed to the training class, at least his owner is....I hope, for his sake, that he comes home with a ribbon:>) Georgi
Aww, poor little Howie! I hope he is feeling better now after all that has gone on! Give him an extra snuggle and belly rub from us!
Post a Comment