On July 1st, my dad will retire from the school district where he has worked for over 30 years. He started out as health teacher, found his way to assistant principal and will retire as principal of a middle school building.
Retiring with my dad will be his wonderful administrative assistant, Sharon. Last Friday night a dinner was held in honor of my dad and Sharon. Almost 150 people attended the dinner (my dad kept telling me the numbers were around 20-25...imagine my surprise when I came into a packed room full of people. I swear I will never learn!). It was a really nice night of familiar teacher faces, friends, food and very touching and funny speeches.
Congratulations dad and Sharon on many successful years together!
A picture of our family at the end of the party
And lastly, here is a picture of Shea and Layla in their party duds. Layla had to be taken out of the room during the speeches because she has found her voice and hasn't figured out how to turn it off quite yet :-) From the hallway, I could still hear her saying "Where Papa Go??"



3 comments:
Wow - sounds like it was quite the get together. I'm sure some of the speeches were a hoot!
Loved the photo of the kids :)
Love,
Super AA
Sounds like it was a great party....I can't believe nobody invited me to make a speech! The kids look so cute together:>) Love, Georgi
Yuor family photo is so fun! Love those babies!
Post a Comment