Sunday, January 24, 2010

Here Comes the Bride

My friend Stephanie and her fiance Adam are getting married on July 10. This has become quite the significant date in our family. Have you checked out my sister's blog? She (finally!) updated :-)


I am so excited to be standing up in Stephanie's wedding as a bridesmaid. We had a bridesmaid day on Saturday that was so much fun and productive. We had lunch put together by Stephanie's mom and then the bridesmaids got down to business planning Steph's upcoming wedding shower. It was especially neat because Stephanie's sister, Erin (currently in Africa serving with the Peace Corps) Skyped in to be a part of the shower planning. So fun and I loved seeing Erin's beloved kitty Chandler via Skype!! After planning, we headed off to David's Bridal to make a final decision on the bridesmaid dresses.
Here are Steph and I at David's Bridal:


Nope, that isn't the bridesmaid dress. It was one of the contenders, but not the winner.

Okay, now onto these pictures I have of this little girl and she just looks SO excited...

Yelling, yells of joy...

Practicing her dance moves...


And she is just so excited....WHY?

Oh, yes it is because she is going to be a flower girl in Stephanie and Adam's wedding! Isn't she one lucky girl?!? We have no idea if or how she will get down the aisle (Ryan is thinking he might be a great escort...trying to get himself into the wedding party I think!!), but she will still be a big part of their wedding day which is so great. I have a feeling Ryan might have an M&M or two in his pocket that day. Thanks Stephanie and Adam for including Layla in this day, we are very honored!
P.S. Cassie, it would be greatly appreciated if my future niece/nephew comes early or late :-)
P.P.S. I ran into my former co-worker Alisa at David's Bridal as she was looking through wedding dresses. I think Alisa still reads the blog, so I just wanted to say hi and I thought you looked super cute in all of the dresses. She is having two dresses, one for the ceremony and reception...how fun is that??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning -

Congrats on the upcoming wedding and I,too,hope Ms/Mr Mc
donald comes a tad early or tardy!!

Layla will do wonderful down the aisle......don't you worry.

Love,

Super AA

Stephanie H said...

I am so excited for you both to be a part of our wedding. And I think M&Ms sound fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Hello my Family--
Ok -what was she really jumpin' for joy and what music did you have on??
Congrats to Ms. Stephanie and Fiance-you all will look beautiful

What do you want to bet that the Baby M is born on that date!!!!
Love to all sa J

Anonymous said...

I'm banking on a little 4th of July firecracker! And to my beloved aunts and sister -- let's not wish an overdue baby on a lady in JULY!!! Just kidding -- we'll take healthy whenever he/she decides to come.

csm