The beginning of January brings many birthdays for our family. My Grandma B celebrates her birthday at the very beginning of the month, I follow shortly thereafter and then comes Howie who turned the big T-H-R-E-E today. I had a wonderful birthday weekend filled with family, eating, friends, eating, gifts (which Layla opened for me after fine-tuning her gift opening skills at Christmas), eating and more eating. It was a very fun weekend, but let me tell you, I pretty much rolled right into Monday :-)
Two weekends ago, my mom, sister, Shea, Layla and I went to visit my grandma for her big birthday. Grandma was napping for the first part of our visit so Shea and Layla spent time waiting for the train to come by, following Joan around, playing with fun toys Joan had at the house, playing in Joan's room, competing for a seat on their great, great aunts' chair and playing on the stairs. Yep, they kept themselves busy!
Joan, my mom, Shea and Layla waiting for a train (choo choo). One, maybe two?, did come by!
Shea and Layla competing over the antique chair. Layla looks quite proud of herself in this picture, doesn't she?
Layla and Shea playing on the stairs...so much fun! My sister and I used to do the same thing on these stairs. I tried to find a picture but this was the best I could do, a family picture (including Max the family cat) next to the same staircase. I thought all the family members would get a kick out of this photo!
Shea and Layla are so lucky to have their great grandma in their lives and I know my sister and I are very thankful that we have been able to share this parenting experience with our grandma. Happy birthday grandma, I know Joan will make sure you get the message :-) Anyway, it was awful of me, but I did not get one picture of the babies with their great grandma on her birthday. I did gather up some pictures of grandma with the babies, when they were...well, babies!

Layla meeting her great grandma for the first time at three weeks old.
Happy birthday to all of the January birthdays out there including Layla's Grandpa Verlyn!!! He is one of Layla's favorite people and here he is looking quite model-like :-)






3 comments:
Morning -
What a beautiful tribute....the photo of you as a babe brought tears to my eyes, as I can remember playing with you and Cass on those same steps.
Love,
Super AA
Kristin, Your mom, I would say, looks so much better today than years ago......couldn't you find a better picture of her?!!! She was really cute, and this picture of the past makes her look pitiful. I feel your pain, Barb! Ha! ---Georgi
Hello my family--
Tears to my eyes that is all I can say about looking back at those fun pics! I believe I have one pic of you, Cass and Trev on the steps. those short steps must be so fun to little people!
Love to all, sa Joan
Post a Comment