Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

Yesterday, I had a great first Mother's Day. We went out to breakfast with Ryan's family, visited with my parents, grandma, aunts and uncles at my grandma and aunt's house and then off to the Brookfield Zoo we went. Cassie, Jamie and Shea joined Ryan, Layla and I and we had a great day...although we all decided we needed to brush up on our animal knowledge. Seal, sea lion??? Ape, gorilla? Buffalo, bison???

Off to the zoo we go!!!


Ryan took a quick picture of Layla and I and the McDonald family by the birds....I think Layla and Shea were most interested (and probably most familiar) with the ducks


Okay...maybe Layla liked the giraffes too

Okay...really liked the giraffes :-)

Oh, and she was very interested in the....


zebra! They are beautiful animals.

After several hours at the zoo, Layla was bow-less (which means tired) and drinking out of Shea's sippy cup and Shea was pushing his own stroller...so it was time to go!



We had a great day and Ryan and I couldn't help remember our last Mother's Day. Our days were filled with constant doctors' appointments and the possibility of delivering at any time. I specifically remember last Mother's Day, and worrying why Layla was moving so little at the time (most likely from the steroid shots in Dr. Kristin.com's opinion!) Anyway, a year later, we have a healthy, happy baby girl who even says "momma" as an added bonus :-)
I wonder what next year will bring....(hopefully a new house!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there -

It was wonderful to see you and yours ( yes, even the Howster ) yesterday in B'ville. No matter where I looked there were smiles and hugs to behold. It was a great way for me to begin my Moms Day......

Love, Super AA

The Abbott Family said...

How fun...what a great day! It is so funny to remember back to last year when they were in our tummies and now look at them! Happy Mother's Day! I can't imagine what next year will bring!
-Lindsey