Monday, March 2, 2009

Oh! The Places You'll Go!

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”

I Can Read With My Eyes Shut

Happy birthday Dr. Seuss and happy Read Across America Day to everyone else! This was a day/week I always looked forward to with my kindergarten classes. I loved reading Dr. Seuss books with my students, enjoyed all of the Dr. Seuss activities, and I think I just loved that it was finally March and no longer February.

Anyway, this year I modified the day a bit for Ms. Layla, but I still enjoyed reading Dr. Seuss books with Layla and I still LOVE that it is March.

Above is a picture of Layla at the library. For now, she enjoys the bean bags more than the books!


Oh, and since we are talking about books/school...I should update you all about my status for next year. I recently put in my official letter of resignation and I will be staying home with Layla for as long as we are able or until she goes to school. I am sad to be leaving teaching (and the school and district) for now, but I know I will return when it is time. I am excited and grateful to have this time and these Dr. Seuss days :-) with Layla.


Happy Reading!!!!
(and happy Bachelor finale to my fellow reality TV fans)

3 comments:

Stephanie H said...

Dear Layla,
I'm so happy your enjoyed Dr. Seuss' birthday! I love your onesie!

Anonymous said...

Morning -

Once again Ms.Layla's outfit speaks volumes!!

I applaud your decision of staying home with la babe.

Love,

Super AA

The Abbott Family said...

I LOVE the onesie and as a fellow Dr.Seuss lover have also celebrated Dr. Seuss this week! Can't wait for Layla and Aiden to get together and rhyme!!!
Love all the photos,
Lindsey and Aiden