Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy 2009!

We celebrated New Year's Eve in Chicago at the Melting Pot this year with my sister and brother-in-law Cassie and Jamie and friends Nicole and Kris. Thank you mom and dad for babysitting Layla AND Shea! We had lots of laughs, many involving the red wine carafe that got spilled on Nicole and I. A couple of the significant moments of the evening were receiving a complimentary bottle of champagne due to the spill (the funny thing was that they served it in bottomless plastic champagne glasses...kinda weird), Nicole and I attempting to calm down the crying waitress that spilled the carafe of wine on us, and listening to a very good acoustic guitarist as we rang in the new year. Enjoy the pictures below.

In our New Year's gear compliments of the Melting Pot


Cassie, Nicole and I ringing in the New Year. Look carefully at the glasses...I told you they had no bottoms! :-)

Layla in her New Year's Eve outfit (sorry, she was too interested in Grandpa to look at the camera). Her onesie says "This is my little black dress"

Happy New Year from Shea!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning -

Sounds like you all had an interesting evening - spilled wine and all!

The photos of the babes are darling and I'm sure they also rang in the New Year ( evening ) with fluids of their choice!!

May 2009 be mighty fine.........

Love,

Super AA

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! As always, I am glad everything is going well!