Monday, October 20, 2008

Layla's Baptism

Sunday was Layla's Baptism and Ryan and I and our families enjoyed the day with our little Layla Bugs (Buggles, Puggles...there have been many variations to this nickname already!).

Layla is all ready to go in the Baptism gown and bonnet. The gown has been passed down for many generations from my mom's side of the family. Most everyone in the family has been baptized in it, from Layla's great-great grandpa, to me, and even little Shea! The bonnet is made out of both my sister's wedding dress and my wedding dress.

Layla and her momma
Layla on top of the Baptismal gown Cassie and I had made out of our wedding dresses....maybe her first communion?? Too big! (We thought the family Baptism gown had been lost)
The Janisch family before heading off to the church. Howie jumped in the picture too!
The Godparents Jamie and Cassie with myself, Ryan and Layla

Layla got a little squirmy with the 3rd dousing of water

Layla slept through cake cutting and eating
And I will leave with a picture of my mom and Cassie and Jamie's little Shea...he did great during the ceremony and isn't he cute?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning -

Great photos from a truly fun family event. It was wonderful to spend time with the lil ones on Sunday - had a blast entertaining Shea AND Ms. Layla's smile warmed my big ole heart, when I was holding her.

A blessed day was had by all....

Love,

Super AA

Anonymous said...

She looks adorable! I hope to see her soon.
Katie