Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Pumpkin Filled Weekend

Our town celebrates it up for Halloween.  We had a fun filled week and weekend with friends and family enjoying the festivities. 
 
 
Meet Sir Topham Hatt and Strawberry Shortcake!


 
Grady's costume was all borrowed except for the top hat (Party City) and tie (Ebay).  I tackled sewing my first Halloween costume for Layla this year.  The yarn wig started it all when I was shocked at the sticker price of one for $40 on Etsy!!  I was able to make one this one for less than $5.  

 

 

 
Layla's carriage pumpkin! 

 
Grady's train pumpkins! 

At the festival!  They were very proud of their entries.  Layla was also freezing even with her multiple layers on :)
 
Trick-or-treating downtown.  Here you see Ryan, Grady, Layla and Layla's friend trick-or-treating in a bike shop downtown.  The crowds are always big for trick-or-treating, but I love this fun little tradition.

After trick-or-treating, we went out for dinner downtown at a favorite Mexican restaurant. 
We celebrated Kayte's birthday while we were there too!
 
On Sunday, I ran in the Pumpkin Run.  It was a 10K.  I managed to squeak it out in under an hour, which was great for me.  I am more of a 3 mile runner, so this run is always a bit of a stretch for me!  Cassie is planning on running it with me next year.  Pumpkin Run 2014...here we come Cass :)
 
Ryan and the kids were really cute cheering me on during the race. 
Grady is waiting for me to cross a bridge in this picture.
 
And I made it!  Here are the four of us after the race! 
 
We enjoyed the weekend with my parents, my sisters' family and Joan.  Wish I had more pictures.  Next year! :)
 


 
 
Happy Halloween everyone!!
 

a

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Adorable!!! Can't believe we didn't get any pictures all weekend. What has happened to us?! And thanks for making me accountable for October 2014! Boo Run or Bust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello my Halloween kids--

Enjoyed the fun pictures!!
Love the outfits!

Congrats on your run.
Enjoyed Pumpkin Fest with you
all-tons of fun and laughter.

love to all, saJ