Saturday, February 2, 2013

It is February!!

February means we can officially go Valentine's Day crazy!  I don't know why, but I have always just loved Valentine's Day. With the urging of Layla, we have had our decorations up since right after Christmas but now we can officially have fun with the holiday of hearts without looking like crazy people. 

Gotta love when you find good clearance items from last year in the holiday bins.  Layla and I were digging through and found all of these little projects we bought last year for a steal.  Layla is getting lots of projects ready for a Valentines playdate.


More projects!

Here is a fun little project if you haven't already seen it on Pinterest.  You put letter stickers down and then have the kids finger paint over the canvas and letters.  I had Layla do the base color (pink) and let it dry.  Then Grady did the top color (red) to finish it off.  Then, all you have to do is peel the stickers off and you are finished!  It was really easy and I liked that both kids could equally participate.

She doesn't even know we are sneaking in some cutting practice :)

During preschool, we are sometimes able to squeeze in a playdate with some Grady-sized friends.  Here is Grady at his first playdate where he actually participated in the activities like a big boy.  He made a project (just a heart and pom pom balls glued to a piece of paper, but his first time interested at all!) and decorated a heart cookie.  He also dumped an entire cup of sprinkles on the ground.  Baby steps :)





Happy February!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy February to you all!

Your daughter has your love of holidays and decorating!

Your son just loves doing!


love to all, sa J

Meg said...

Love that canvas! I'm going to borrow that idea and hit Michaels tomorrow :) I wish I had your knack for decorating. You've got a talent!