Saturday, December 8, 2012

Happy Hanukkah

Layla loves a celebration.  Layla is in full Christmas mode, but she has been very interested in Hanukkah.  She has a book that talks all about Hanukkah and Layla's preschool teacher talked about it a little this week too.  So today we celebrated Hanukkah!  Layla sweet talked me into buying a menorah last year during the Christmas clearance sale.  She was thrilled when she found the menorah and candles in the Christmas bins this year. So we read a little more about the holiday, lit our first candle and played the dreidel game.

I later learned that you add a candle a day, not to put all the candles on at once.  Layla and I will have to fix it tomorrow!


The big dreidel winner!


 I have a feeling for the next 7 days, we will be singing quite a few renditions of: 

"Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made it out of clay.  When it's dry and ready, then dreidel I shall play!" 

No matter what you celebrate, we hope you are having a happy holiday season!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello my kids--

It is nice to see that Layla sees nothing wrong with celebrating two different versions of this holiday.

Or does she agree with Israel about Palestine?

love to all, sa J