It was a long week. Along with the rest of the country, we have been mourning the innocent children and staff that lost their lives at Sandy Hook Elementary School. I am not sure if it is our experiences that we have lived and worked or that we have young children, but it was a bit too easy for Ryan and I to relate to this situation. We hope for peace and healing for the community of Newtown.
Thankfully, we have had the Christmas season to enjoy with Layla and Grady. December has been packed full of family gatherings, Christmas trains, baking and performances.
![]() |
| All Aboard! Our first train ride of the season with Todd, Lisa and Quinn. |
![]() |
| Layla was pumped to get her requests into Santa! |
Layla and her school sing at preschool. I am not sure if there is anything cuter.
I love a room full of preschoolers.
![]() |
| Layla picked a drive by our old house and the yogurt place after the preschool sing. She was pumped that night and really had Grady (and herself) giggling. |
![]() |
| A good night! And Layla ate ALL of that yogurt. |
| A mall train ride with Grady, Layla and Shea. Grady actually sat for the entire ride! |
Layla had a dance recital last weekend. It was really fun and she had a big crowd in the audience. Thank you to Grandma Barb, Papa Pete, Shea, Grandma Cathy, Joan and of course Ryan for watching Layla in the audience. I got to help backstage and actually enjoyed the experience this time around! This recital felt much less like Toddlers and Tiaras than last year :) A special thanks to Cassie for babysitting Grady and Liam during the show!
Layla loved this nutcracker in the lobby.
I love this picture of Grandma Barb, Layla and Joan after the show.
After the show, we went for a Christmas train ride and visit with Santa.
What a fun day and night!
More pictures to eventually come from our holiday season :) Merry Christmas everyone!













2 comments:
Love this post Kristin....you have touched on some very sad & happy moments. Our family is VERY blessed this holiday season.....
Love,
Super AA
Hello my family--
Loved loved loved all the pics!
It was a beautiful time I had with all my kids big and little!
Especially after Friday's horror.
Hug them love them!
love to all, sa J
Post a Comment