Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Grady- 8 Months


Monthly picture.  They are getting a bit harder...

This month Grady was much more interested in eating the calendar.

12 month onesie (a bit tougher to button this month) and a picture with his birth length golf club.

Grady @ 8 Months

Weight: I weighed him unofficially last weekend.  Mr. Grady weighed in at 22.2lbs on my parents' scale.  I was 22lb 4oz at my 9 month well check so we are still very similar.  I totally had my records released from my pediatrician.  Yep, I did and it is very fun to look back. 

Height:   27 inches (measured by me)

Clothes: Grady is mostly in 12 month and 12-18 month clothes. 

Diapers: Mix of cloth and disposable.  Grady was leaking out of cloth during the day.  I bought some diaper doublers to stuff into the diapers and have seen major improvement.  I haven't had one leak with the doublers.

Sleep: Remember my records I had released?  Well, at nine months, the doctor wrote, "sleep- poor, wakes frequently."  Yep, it is a month earlier, but the exact same words could be said about Mr. Grady.  We tried some different approaches this month but he still wakes up fairly often, but you never really know what the night will bring.  Some nights he is up three times, other times he is up only once.  Thankfully, Ryan helps a lot.  And Grady always makes us laugh with his big smile in the morning....he almost makes us think he had a nice full night of sleep :)

 Eating:  Grady is still nursing and eating more and more solids.  He picked up his first piece of finger food this past week.  I was very excited.  He is eating three meals a day with a mix of finger foods and pureed.  Have I ever mentioned Grady spits up a lot?  He does.  A lot.  It doesn't bother him one bit so he is not on any medication for it.  But he does typically go through three outfits a day. 

Likes:  Playing on the ground, kicking his legs, splashing in the bath, walking in the walker, Tupperware, grabbing necklaces, Layla's stuffed Cleo, Layla being silly with him and playing peek-a-boo, Pop Goes the Weasel

Dislikes: Rolling over on toys and not liking when I leave the room suddenly

New tricks: rolling, rolling, rolling (he is known to get stuck under our couches in a hurry!), scooting backwards on belly, starting to rock on knees and hands and playing with some toys independently (see video at the bottom), doing SO BIG with his arms

Updates: Grady's physical therapy is going great.  As long as he naps before the session, he is a happy camper.  It is an entire hour of stretching, tummy time, reaching and play exercises.  I feel like it is a lot for an eight month old.  But the hard work is paying off and Grady's neck is looking great.  The therapist said she would like to see him through crawling and then he will most likely be finished.  Other updates are that Grady has started a swim class and music class.  Both are free (gotta love free classes!) and Grady really enjoyed them both this week.  I will try to get pictures soon.









Monthly sibling picture


3 comments:

Annie said...

Morning -

Such a big boy !!!

I could not get the video to play - but - I'm sure it was darling :))


Love,

Super AA

Anonymous said...

Hello my kids--
He is our little healthy and gorgeous boy!
Love the pics.

The video was d--- adorable. Showed many friends!!! my adorable kids!

love to all, sa J

Annie said...

Howdy -

Finally got the video to play - very cute :))

Love,

Super AA