Monday, January 2, 2012

Grady- 7 Months


Grady is now 7 months, this last month flew by.  He is laid back and a cuddly guy and is generally pretty happy.  I love having his Doc Band off.  There are many benefits to having it off but it is so nice because he can now rest his head on our shoulders again.  I also love that Grady can wear normal clothes and thick pajamas and not get overheated.  It is nice to be done with the helmet, but it really did do its job!  Now onto the stats...


Grady @ 7 Months

Weight: I haven't weighed him this month.  Last month he was 20lb 2oz.  I think he has gotten bigger.  He has cellulite on his arms, poor guy :)

Height: I haven't measured him this month.  Last month he was 26 inches. 

Clothes: Grady is in a mix of 9 month, 12 month and 6-12 month clothes.  He mostly wears one piece outfits because his waist is a bit of an issue and one piece outfits fit his body type best.  He went swimming for the first time right after Christmas.  The only swim trunks that fit his waist were 18 month trunks.  Grady is totally his momma's son.  I was a chunky monkey (bigger than Grady!) at his age.  I am thinking he will thin out as he starts moving in the coming months.

Diapers:  The cloth diapers we bought "grow" as the babies grow.  Grady is currently in the largest size that the diapers go.  I am thinking he will thin out and his body will change at that he should fit into them until potty trained (fingers crossed!).  Disposables, Grady is in a 4.

Sleep:  Grady has been a bit better with sleep this month.  He takes two naps a day, usually for a total of 3 hours.  Grady goes to sleep around 7:30 each night and is awake for the day around 8:30ish.  During those 13 hours, he is typically up 2-3 times.  Lately, wake-up times have been around 1 a.m. and 7 a.m.  This schedule has been very doable for me, I really don't mind it.  As long as Grady goes back to sleep after eating, I am a happy camper.

 
Eating:  Grady is still nursing and typically nurses around 8 times in a 24 hour period, sometimes more, sometimes less.  He has been liking his solids, but has taken more to the pureed than the finger foods.  He will eat the finger foods just fine, but he doesn't like to be bothered with picking them up himself :)  Favorite foods so far are avocado, sweet potatoes, carrots and pears.  Grady just isn't a huge fan of pureed peas so far.  Can you blame him?  I am thinking about trying dried peas with him soon.

Likes: Grady loves sitting up to play, attention from Layla or Layla-sized kids, Ryan (I think he may be more of a daddy's boy than Layla was at this age), holding a spoon while he eats, baths, being held, kicking on the diaper changer, walking in the walker (know this isn't for everyone, but Grady and Layla love(d) the walkers), chewing on his hands and grabbing everything in reach.

Dislikes: Rolling over on toys, being hungry, slow feedings of solids (he is a fan of eating quickly!), being overtired and wearing too tight of pants

New tricks: Sitting up solidly, drinking really well from the sippy cup, razzing, rolling over consistently in both directions without prompting (we have been working hard on this one!), moving (falling) from sitting to belly to get a toy and doing some pushing up on his hands during tummy time.

Updates: Grady was evaluated and qualified for physical therapy.  The weekly physical therapy will be for his neck, specifically his torticollis.  The therapist also wants Grady in tummy time as much as possible.  I have to hold him there since he rolls quickly from his belly to his back.


See his two teeth?

12 month onesie (it now fits!) and birth length golf club monthly picture

Monthly sibling picture



Happy 7 months Grady!!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Morning -

OMG...he's looking SO mature already :) Love the stats & photos.

Love,

Super AA

Anonymous said...

Hello my kids--

He is our little munchkin! I cant wait to see him start crawling and getting into everything!

love to all, sa J

Steph said...

Love the monthly sibling pictures! I love that you added he doesn't like tight pants. It makes me laugh!