Thursday, July 21, 2011

Lake Geneva 2011

This past week we headed to Lake Geneva for a couple days.  It was our first (mini) vacation with both kids.  Ryan and I love to go to the area because we were married in Fontana and had our wedding reception in Lake Geneva.  Layla had a blast on the trip and Grady...well, Grady slept most of the trip but one day he will love it too!  The temperature was HOT (in the 100's) so we had to get a little creative to enjoy the trip with both a 3 year old and an eight week old. 

Layla and Ryan got to swim quite a bit....it was SO hot!


Grady did a lot of this.  With the slightest bit of heat, Grady goes into sleep mode.  I am not complaining at all as he made for a very easy travel companion but it is just so funny how he zonks out immediately.  Anyway, the balcony of our hotel room faced the pool so I could have Grady in the room by the door (with the door open so I could see him) and I could sit on the balcony and watch Layla and Ryan in the pool.   

The resort we stayed at has a farm on the property.  Layla loves a good pony ride.  I was thankful the pony was kept in the barn and just taken out for the pony rides...I thought it was too hot for the poor guy.


Next stop...boat ride.  We took the ice cream boat tour.  Ryan called the boat tour company and we were thrilled that the ice cream boat tour was air conditioned!


Even with the air conditioning, Grady still slept through the entire boat ride. 
Next time we are on the boat ride he will probably be running around and screaming!

The captain of the boat offered Layla his seat for a couple minutes after we docked.


Grady did wake up later on that evening and showed off some of his new moves.  He is starting to pull his head back to look at our faces when we are talking to him.

Here are Layla and I at dinner trying to entertain ourselves while waiting for the food.  And yes, we had a small baby and a three old in a bar.  It looked like a restaurant online...upon arrival, not so much!

After downing some bar food :) we headed to the beach.  We wanted to go to the beach but it was so hot that we had to plan to go around 8 p.m. so Grady wouldn't be overheated.  We stayed for about an hour and it was warm enough to be in the water but cool enough for Grady to be comfortable.





I dipped Grady's toes in the water...

he was not a huge fan!

And finally some pictures of our wedding day.  We celebrated our sixth anniversary on July 9.



And here we are, same dock, six years later.


Another successful Lake Geneva trip...if you have never been, you must go!  And if you go with little kids....Chuck's is a bar :)

3 comments:

Annie said...

Morning -

Loved all the photos & I think you are a very lucky lady to have such a wonderful family. Of course, THEY are also lucky to have YOU :))

We also remember our lil -vacay in Lake Geneva when you got married & it is a very fun place.

Love,

Super AA
PS Loved the fact ...Layla rode !

Anonymous said...

Hello my kids--

I loved all the pics. You all are a beautiful family!! Six years ago what fun we had! so much time has passed but it sometimes feel like yesterday we were getting ready for your big day!!

love to you all, sa J

Stephanie G. said...

It was great to see the "then and now" pics. We just love Lake Geneva too!