I am officially in my third trimester and thankfully all is calm with the pregnancy right now! I had three appointments this week to kick off the last third of my pregnancy. I had the dreaded glucose test, a growth ultrasound and a typical office appointment with my OB doctor.
Profile of the baby
The glucose test was better than I remembered. This time around the orange drink was ice cold which made it much easier to choke down. Even better? The results are in and normal. My iron is a little low, but no big deal at all. Woo hoo!!The growth ultrasound was next and the results were great. The baby is 2lb 13oz and in the 60% percentile!! My amniotic fluid was measured and plentiful and the head/body ratio was just fine. The baby is head down and he was sucking his thumb. Layla thought that was pretty silly. At this point Layla was in the warning range with her percentiles dropping into the 30% percentile and her head was abnormally large in comparison to her abdomen. It was two weeks from now that our pregnancy came crashing down and our lives starting revolving around doctor's appointments and fear of delivering Layla at any point. For now, everything is on track and Ryan and I are feeling so relieved. We go back in another month for another peek at the baby to make sure all continues to be well.
Another scary 3D picture for you all! Mr. Baby J is sucking on his thumb. The baby is starting to get bigger and looking a little smooshed in my belly....oh and you get a nice shot of the umbilical cord too. So weird!
The regular appointment went fine too. My weight gain has finally slowed a bit which makes me happy. I am actually feeling the best I have for the entire pregnancy. My nausea is very minimal and it only rears its ugly head when I go too long without eating.I cannot believe I am already at the point where I go every two weeks for appointments, where did the time go? Ryan and I are ready to get cracking on the nursery and luckily have his spring break coming up soon to check many "new baby" items off our list. I will keep you updated as we continue through our last 12 weeks....hopefully a very uneventful 12 weeks!


3 comments:
Hello my family--
Yes it is a little scary-but you have to love the little one sucking his thumb. He is content for now!
Enjoy that good health!
love to all, saJ
Wonderful news :) You look great & I heard Ms. Layla is happy @ having a lil bro!!
Love,
Super AA
so glad everything is great with your litte one!
Post a Comment