Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Craft Show Went...



pretty HORRIBLE! Ha ha, my sister and I were thinking of different blog headings I could put for this post while we sat for hours at the booth with no customers :-)

This is pretty much how it went:

9-10 AM No Sales; my sister and I rationalize that people must be sweeping the booths first and then coming back to buy all my baby items later.

10-11 AM No Sales; the booth next to us is so busy the lady can barely keep up (My sister, Cassie and I decide the nursing covers are offending people as many people think at first they are aprons....lots of laughs from Cassie and I!!!)

11 AM-3 PM Wonderful friends (Stephanie, Stephanie's mom, Katie) and family (Ryan's parents, my parents/Shea, and Ryan/Layla) come to support my baby booth and buy many items. I make only ONE sale to a random person for the whole day.
Pictures of my booth:

So I think these were the problems:

Snowy day outside (I think total numbers were down for the craft show), not the right target audience, my items are for too specific of a customer, people didn't even know what some items were, and it was my first show... Maybe, just maybe I will try another one in the Spring. My friend Stephanie is working on a whole marketing plan for me :-)

Anyway, even though my sales were pretty much a bust, I had a fun day sitting with Cassie (design guru of the booth) and seeing friends and family. A special thanks to my teacher friends for making some pre-show purchases :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your booth looks wonderful! Sorry it was a slow day, but a marketing plan will definitely help. (Have you checked out Etsy.com - It's a cool site).

I'm trying to find pregnant people that I can buy gifts for and once I find them - I'm calling you!

As always, Layla is absolutely adorable!