Saturday, December 6, 2008

6 Months Ago Today...

Layla was born!
A half a year has already gone by since Layla has entered our lives. We are loving life with our little Layla and cannot believe how fast the time has gone by and how busy life has become! Here are some recent pictures of our rosy-cheeked, smiley girl.


I did this "How is Layla doing?" after her first month, so I thought it would be fun to update it for the big month six.

After 6 months...

Weight: Layla was 5lb 13oz at birth, and last time she was weighed she came in at almost TRIPLE this weight; 15lb 7oz. If the doctors could, they would tell me they told me so :-)

Length: She was 19 inches at birth, and I measured her this week being 25 inches long.

Diapers: Layla started in teeny tiny preemie diapers and will start 2/3 diapers as soon as they arrive on our front porch from Diapers.com (just arrived as I am writing!).

Clothes: Layla also started out in teeny tiny preemie clothes and is currently in 3-6 month clothes. I look at the preemie clothes now and cannot believe we had a baby that tiny. Good thing I took lots of pictures to remember!!!

"Playing" Then
Look at those tiny legs!


Playing Now


Favorite hobbies: Playing with toys, "petting" and smiling at her animals Howie, Blue and Rocket, eating (although definitely ready for solids that will start next week), smiling and playing with mom/dad and the pets, practicing standing (sometimes doesn't like to bend those legs), sitting in her Boppy, putting everything in her mouth (those two teeth still haven't popped through!), being carried, and exploring items in the house.

Speaking of exploring, below Layla is encountering our Christmas tree, actually any Christmas tree, for the very first time.

A video of Howie and Layla. The ceiling fan is really starting to take a backseat to this little brown dog.

Not so favorite hobbies: Taking naps in her crib (Ryan and I are going to work on that over Winter Break!), riding in the car when no one is in the backseat, and not a big fan of these teeth coming into her mouth.
Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Morning -

How precious....especially the video with Ms. Layla and the Howster. Continue to enjoy this first year as it speeds by.

You and Ryan ( feel better soon) have done a wonderful job with this lil babe.

Love,
Super AA