Today Layla and I made a trip to a high school in my hometown to be guest speakers (yes, Layla did some chattering too!) in a parenting class. I quickly found out high school students are different yet similar from kindergartners. You ask for questions in a high school classroom, the room goes silent. You ask for questions in a kindergarten classroom, the room becomes alive with wiggly bodies and arms eager to shout out stories and connections...but not really questions either :-) Anyway, Layla and I had a nice time and we are enjoying all of these new experiences together. I believe the plan is to go back in about six weeks to show the students Layla's growth and to share more about pregnancy.
We of course had to head upstairs to visit Grandma Sloan. Layla got quite the kick out of Grandma talking to her students...some very loud laughs!!!
Nautical 4th Birthday Party
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment