Monday, November 26, 2012

Thankful

We had a nice Thanksgiving this year.  Ryan and I wanted to host our first holiday this year in our new house.  Our plan was that we could celebrate Thanksgiving with both families and it would motivate us to get house projects in motion. 
 
 
Layla and Shea on Thanksgiving.  They love spending time together. 
(Thank you to Cass for most of the pictures in this post!)
 
House projects...
 
I have a really hard time picking out paint colors.  At our first house, our office/playroom/Layla's room was five different colors while we lived there for seven years.  It was four different colors in the first week :)  So this time Ryan and I decided to do paint samples to avoid painting a whole room the wrong color.  A LOT of paint samples later, we finally decided on a color.  The color we picked is not even below! 
 
 
 
The color and our new chalkboard (peg board without the holes and trim)!  Thank you, Meg, for the chalkboard paint.  I love that we were able to do a big project with the paint you gave me when you moved!  Howie is pretty cute in this picture too!
 
 
Anyway, after a week and half of house projects and painting after the kids would go to bed....Thanksgiving was here!



Layla was PUMPED.

The turkey shuffle with an over juiced turkey!
My little helper!
 
Cooking my first turkey dinner was a bit chaotic but ended up fine thanks to help from Cathy, my mom and sister.  Thank you to Frank and family and Danny and family for bringing food too!  Anyway, I had a whole schedule ready to keep me organized for the day.  Well, the last two hours were a blur and we ate an hour late...but all tasted fine (minus the chunky potatoes...more milk next time!).


 

 


 
Loving the high heels from the dress up bin!

Playing ball

Layla and Shea and the wishbone


 
 
A few pictures from the day.  It was so nice to have Ryan's parents, Corrine, Kelsey, my family, my Uncle Dan's family and Uncle Frank's family with us for Thanksgiving!   As Layla said a couple days after Thanksgiving, "Wasn't Thanksgiving a hit this year?" :) 
 
And then after a bunch of Black Friday shopping and A LOT of sleep, we rolled right into Christmas.  I hope you all had a nice holiday weekend! 
 
 
 



2 comments:

Annie said...

Morning -

Wow - what a huge undertaking!!! It looked wonderful & delicious :) Thanks for sharing all the great photos...

Love,

Super AA

Meg said...

The paint colors made me laugh. We had 6 samples in our kitchen and I also didn't go with any of the samples :) Looks like great fun, love the chalkboard on the wall. Wish I was there to see it in person but I'll take the pics :)