As of 12:26 p.m., our little Grady is one year old today. Right now he is a sweet boy and fairly easy going. He is also one busy boy. He likes to find an open drawer and empty it in a hurry, throwing things over both shoulders. Grady also loves to give himself daily showers with Howie's water bowl. He has found his voice this month and is babbling constantly. He is definitely saying momma, hi and Layla but I think many more words are coming soon. Everyone comments on his size, how big he is. I honestly don't think he looks that big, but I know my opinion is a bit skewed. The only time I notice is when the safety belts won't go around his waist in shopping carts. Busy or calm, wet or dry, chatty or quiet, big or small....we don't mind either way. We are just so thankful we have this little guy in our family. Happy 1st birthday, Grady!!
Grady at 12 months:
Weight: 25lb 4oz (90 percentile)
Height: 29 1/2 inches (25 percentile)
Clothes: Mix of 18 month and 24 month clothes
Diapers: Mix of cloth and disposable. He is in a
5 disposable at night.
Sleep: Grady is getting up around one time a night. Actually, it is the early morning. He then goes back down until about 8 a.m. Sometimes he gets up throughout the night but typically (knock on wood!!!!) he will go back down with a little rocking.Eating: Grady is still nursing a couple times per day but we introduced whole milk a little more than a week ago. My milk supply plummeted right at about 11 1/2 months and Grady was not getting enough to drink. Grady has taken well to the bottle and whole milk. Nursing both babies, I rarely gave bottles. I think for this reason, I love, love, love giving bottles. I also love, love, love not having to pump the milk to put into the bottles :) He is still doing well with solids. Grady is still at the stage where he will try anything. Sometimes he even makes a strange face, but he will just keep on eating. I have a feeling he will start to get an opinion soon. He loves avocado, cheese, peas, pancakes, green beans, carrots, baked potato, macaroni and cheese, pizza, pasta, waffles, oatmeal, applesauce, yogurt and rice.
Likes: Shooting hoops in the bathtub, splashing in water (liking baths again), climbing stairs, getting put in the high chair, swinging at the park, holding the phone to his ear and saying hi, going for walks in the stroller and watching Layla be silly
Dislikes: This boy likes to eat and eat often. He is not a happy camper if he is stretched for too long. I would also have to say that the shopping cart is not his favorite place to be.
New tricks: Standing for longer periods, saying hi, saying Layla (LaLa)
![]() |
| Using the football as a phone |
Happy big O-N-E, Grady!!






4 comments:
Morning -
Happy 1st B'day Grady - you are a joy to behold :))
Kristin - if you take a peek @ your baby photos....I think you'll see a lil child looking very similar !
Happy Day :))
Love,
Super AA
Happy 1st birthday to Grady! Love, Georgi
Happy birthday, G-man, Gru, Gruster! What a fun party you had, and we are so excited for you to start running with your big cousins and sister -- what a fun summer it's going to be!!!
xoxo Cass
Happy Birthday to Grady Boy!
He is our little big boy WHO WILL BE WALKING SOON!
Janisch Family enjoy your day with your darling 1 year old.
love to all, sa J
Post a Comment