Tuesday, October 4, 2011

New York

Ryan and I returned Sunday evening from a whirlwind trip to New York.  One of Ryan's good friends from high school, Nadia, got married and we were lucky enough to attend the wedding.
Before I begin talking about the trip you have to watch the proposal:


Pretty neat, huh?  Now that you have met the happy couple, I will give you some details on the wedding.  Months before the wedding, the invitation arrived in the mail.  The invitation was accompanied by a customized magazine including tips on navigating New York and a bio on every guest invited to the wedding.  So fun!



 I really was excited and wanted to attend Nadia and Michael's wedding but I was a nervous wreck to fly without the kids.  I was worried I hadn't pumped enough milk for Grady to have while I was gone (I had been pumping for a couple months trying to save up enough milk).  I was just worried about leaving Grady in general...he is only four months old.  But thankfully, the flight was very smooth and arrived in New York fifteen minutes early (less time in the air, the better!).  Grady had plenty of milk...even 5 ounces to spare when I got home.  And Ryan's parents and my parents took very good care of the kids.  They sent many text pictures to us as proof that everyone was alive and well :)

So we arrived in New York on Friday evening.  We flew into New York with our friend Scott (Grady's godfather) and stayed with him in his hotel room while we were there.  Scott was able to get a room in New York with points and he offered for us to stay with him.  It was extremely nice of him and it actually was the reason we were able to swing the trip.

Here are the three of us in a taxi...a common sight during our trip.  The pictures from this trip are not the greatest, I am so disappointed.  I didn't take my camera and instead borrowed my mom's camera(which I could not figure the settings out on) and used Ryan's phone. 


Nadia and Michael had many fun things planned for the weekend but we did manage to squeeze in a few non-wedding activities too.  We ate a lot of good food, headed to Times Square, visited a few 9/11 memorial spots, I had my hair blown out at a fun salon and we tried to navigate ourselves around the city.  Here are Ryan and I in Times Square.


The wedding was on Saturday at the church of St. Francis Xavier.  It was a gorgeous church. 



We then headed to the reception at Battery Gardens in Battery Park.  It was a beautiful venue, overlooking the Hudson River and the Statue of Liberty.  It was the nicest night, Nadia and Michael did a wonderful job with the planning and including their guests in the reception.  And the food...the food was amazing.  I am still dreaming about the sea bass that I had for dinner.  Yum!!

Ryan and I in front of the Statue of Liberty.  Not sure why it looked so small when we took the picture!

Myself, Nadia, Jan (friend from our hometown) & Holly (friend from our hometown) at the reception.  It was so much fun sharing the weekend with Jan and Holly .  Holly and I chatted late into the evening on Friday night!
It was also great to catch up with Tommy (Nadia's brother) during the wedding weekend. 
He is one of my good friends from high school. 

I know this is not a great quality shot but I had to include a picture of our dresses for the reception. 
We worked hard to find our New York outfits :)

Ryan and I at the reception.
It was such a great weekend.  Thank you to Nadia and Michael for letting us share in your wedding weekend, we were honored to be there with you both.  Ryan and I would have loved to stay a little longer in New York (I really wanted to see a show) but at the same time we were both so excited to get home to the kids.

I have to say with New York still swirling in my mind, I am having trouble getting this song out of my head....


 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kris--

That has to be the most unusual and fantabulous way to propose!!

Enjoyed your comments on that great city. You know I do love that TimesSquare!

love, J

Anonymous said...

Loved the proposal! And the weekend sounds fabulous....We love NYC...always something fun to do there. Your dress looked very cute, Kristin....you fashionista! Thanks for sharing, Love, Georgi

Annie said...

Morning -

Wow - what a wonderful weekend you had :)

Thanks for sharing all the fun...

Love,

Super AA

Lisa & Todd said...

Love that magazine idea, that's really neat. So glad you guys had a great time! It is so hard to leave the babies, but good for you. We left Quinn at 10 weeks for a wedding in San Diego and it was heart-wrenching to do the leaving part (so I definitely understand), but we had a great time once we were out there. Coming home is so good though. :) Have a great week! Grady is getting so big and is adorable. Layla, Quinn and Grady need some playdates soon. I can just see Layla pretending these two little babes are her students. :)