Grady is one month old. It is funny how S-L-O-W the last month of pregnancy can go and how quickly the first month of a baby's life can speed by. Grady is a sweet little guy and has been such a good baby for his first month of life. He has been such a wonderful addition to our family and I am thankful that Layla has embraced him with open arms. I am interested to see how this second month of life goes for the sibling relationship :)
Grady Stats and Info
Weight: 10lb 4oz
Height: 22 inches
Clothes: This week, he made the transition into 0-3 and 3 month clothes (Carter's clothes run small and make you feel like your baby is huge!)
Diapers: This week, Grady transitioned into 1 diapers. I was in denial for about two weeks about the necessity of making this switch. After peeing out of his diaper twice on Sunday and pooping all over me once, Ryan and I decided it was time to bring on the 1s!
Sleep: Grady is waking 2-3 times at night. We have gotten a few nights where there has been a 4 and even a 5 hour stretch but nothing consistent. Ryan handles diapers and burps and I take care of the feeding. If you know me, you know I am a girl that needs my sleep.....here's to hoping for a few more 4-5 hour stretches!
Eating: Grady is a good, consistent eater and we are working on good form with the breastfeeding :) The first month has been a bit of a struggle for me with nursing but I really feel like the worst is behind us, it was a very similar start with Layla.
Likes: the Moby wrap, stretching out on the diaper changer, being held, being swaddled
Dislikes: tummy time, carseat (bummer, I thought for a moment he liked it) and bath time
New tricks: Ryan and Cassie are claiming that Grady has smiled at them. I will believe it when I see it... In all honesty, I won't accept his first smile until he smiles at me! Until then, it is all gas ;)
| Tummy time...no thanks! |
| Emerging smiles? |
| Grady spends a lot of time wrapped to his mama :) |
| Layla reading to Grady |
| What it looks like now when I read stories to Layla before her nap. |
| Grady and the baby toys are popular with the three year olds |
Happy one month sweet Grady!

3 comments:
Oh what a sweet angel!! I see alot of Layla in that first picture. Happy one month Grady!
My sweet family--
Your Grady pictures are beautiful and I want to hold him NOW!
I so enjoyed being Grady's nanny for a few hours!! He is a lovebug but so is our LaLa.
love to you all, sa J
what wonderful pictures, kristin! congratulations again, he is precious!
Post a Comment