Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dance

Layla started her creative movement class this week.  The class was her birthday gift from Ryan's parents.  She has been so excited for the class but I didn't know how it would go once we actually arrived.  We have never left Layla at a class before so I was preparing myself for a major meltdown when it was time to separate.  When it was time for the class to begin, Layla waved to me and said "you go sit over there, mommy" pointing to the bench outside the dance room.  Layla then followed the little line of girls into the room and told the teacher her name was Layla.  What?!?   Layla is getting to be such a big girl.

Sorry for the glare on all the pictures, they were all taken through a window.

Miss Layla was a chatterbox with the teacher, oh boy!


So that was the first class.  We are hoping Layla continues to love it and that it serves as a nice transition into preschool.  You know, the place where I won't be able to sit outside the classroom and observe at each session :)  Yes, this transition is probably more helpful for me than Layla.

7 comments:

Annie said...

Morning -

OMG - she looks SO cute!!! I think it's great she is becoming comfortable to do things on her own...you'll eventually get comfortable w/it too :)

Love,

Super AA

Katie R said...

that is so sweet! it amazes me how you have time to post with a newborn and a 3 year old! hope they are both doing well! I hope his Drs. appt. went well too.

Anonymous said...

Kris--
OMG what a big girl we are beoming-She looks sooooo adorable in her tutu and new dancin' shoes.

Apparently she feels very comfortable in her new beloved class.

love to all, J

Meg said...

What a big girl! She looks so sweet all dolled up :)

Anonymous said...

NEED A GIRL!!!

AcM

Unknown said...

Kristin, Layla is absolutely adorable at dance class! Your blog updates make me smile from ear to ear. :)

Stephanie said...

I am so proud of how she did at dance class! What a big girl!