Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Day at the Farm

We headed to a farm with our friend Steph (thanks for sending me these pictures!) last week. It was her last day of summer break before she returned to the classroom. It was a perfect place to take Layla and it was also a nice review of her animals after the fair the week before. I am proud to say she is finally saying cow instead of just making the "moo" sound!!

Ready to see some animals!!

We went on a very successful frog hunt. I think Layla would have been just as happy if this was the only thing she had seen all day. She loves froggies and enjoys jumping like a froggy too.

This was Layla's first pick for the animals, the pigs. I think she was a little taken aback when this was the pig. No little pink things running around :-)

Layla didn't know what to think when she was watching this pig eat his lunch. I was pretty fascinated myself.

Then there were the cows. I think this cow liked us.

Layla cracked Stephanie and I up with the cows. She had a zillion and one questions about the cows, the cows' barn and mostly about the lack of baby cows. I wonder what she was asking here :-)

Horsies, here we come!!

They had two huge work horses on the farm.

They were very nice horses and Layla even went in for a pet.
She also made sure to tell us that she rode a pony (last week at the fair).
Maybe we need to ditch the college fund for a horse fund??

Steph and Layla looked at the chickens and geese together. Layla liked watching them and giggled when one of the chickens stuck his little head out to say hi.

What a fun day and it was such a nice farm with friendly and informative volunteers (I learned quite a bit about farm animals, especially the cows). Layla and Steph are developing a sweet little friendship that is so fun to watch. Thanks Steph for always wanting to include Layla in our get-togethers!! Katie, we cannot wait to go back with Zander :-)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

It was such a blast! I had such a good day. I also keep thinking about Layla asking about more pictures of mommy and daddy in the photo albums. So cute! I love that one of her leaning over and pointing to the cows too. It is classic Layla!

Anonymous said...

Morning -

Kids and farms - what a great way to spend the day.

I'm so glad you are exposing Layla to all the horse environment and I loved the college comment :)

Come up to the barn any time....

Love,

Super AA

Anonymous said...

Hello my Family--

What a wonderful time had by all --especially Steph!!!!!!!!!
That little one is our CHARMER!

Layla, we must go see Bud!

love sa J