Saturday, July 24, 2010

Doula?

I have been lucky enough to spend 7 out of the last 15 days with my new nephew Liam and his big brother Shea. My mom and I were able to go spend a few days with Cassie and her boys this past week. Layla stayed back with Ryan (assisted by my dad!) so I could focus my attention on the new baby and the new big brother. I am pretty sure I never made it to doula status, but I did thoroughly enjoy myself. After a few days, Layla and Ryan and my dad joined us for more fun. Pictures of the week are below!!




Sweet Liam, such a good little baby.



And Mr. Shea. He is being a good big brother and is adjusting so well and I love that he calls me "Kitchen" :-)



And Mr. Liam...oh Mr. Liam. He is already pushing up during tummy time and decided he was finished with pictures and picked up his head and moved it away from me! Cassie's babies come out STRONG!! Layla couldn't do this for a LONG time.




We took the two year olds to the waterpark at a local hotel and they loved, loved it. I think they seriously went down the slides 50 times. They were pretty big slides for toddlers but they loved them and Ryan, Jamie and Grandma Barb joined right in on the action (For the record, I went down once but for some reason I fly down these these things SO fast. After slightly terrifying Shea, Shea and I decided that I was done!).


And of course the lazy river...but nothing is so lazy with two years involved!

And just for fun here is a picture of Miss Layla eating her ribs at dinner. Daddy and grandpa took good care of her...but I was so glad to have her back by my side (actually she was by Shea's side a lot but you get the idea).

Thanks Cass and Jamie for letting us invade your house for the last few days!!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Hi Kitchen, Ryno, and Laylay,

The house is too quiet without all of you here. Shea keeps asking me what Layla is doing. What a fun week it was -- something we'll never forget. Thanks for ALL of the help! It meant a lot to all of us.

See you all soon.

J, C, S, and L

Anonymous said...

Morning -

What a beautiful child - I know he will soon realize what a wonderful family he was born into and all the love surrounding him :)

Love,

Super AA

Anonymous said...

Hello my family--

What great pics of your fun time!
You know how we love to see what is going on with you all!!

what wonderful memories!!!

love to all, sa J