Sunday, February 21, 2010

Winter Weekend

This weekend our friends Nicole and Kris invited us to spend time at their family cabin in Wisconsin. I use the word cabin loosely, cabin mansion seems a tad more appropriate :-)
We had such a fun time and Ryan and I were so sad to leave this morning. We felt like we were on vacation and not quite ready to go back to reality! Below is a picture of our little family at the cabin.
We got to spend all weekend with this little guy, Ryker. He was so good all weekend and was just so smiley. Layla was obsessed with his whereabouts at all times. As soon as Ryker was out of her sight, she wanted to know where the "beebee" was. I can understand why, he is very cute!

We all went sledding on Saturday. The weather was so nice (isn't it sad when 30 degree weather seems slightly warm?) and Ryker and Layla both seemed to enjoy being outside. Nicole, Ryker and I are in the picture below.
Below Layla and Ryker are hanging out in Layla's sled together and Layla is loving being pulled in the snow by Kris. Ryker also took a spin in the sled but I didn't snap a picture of him, he really seemed to like it too!
Below the boys are getting ready for a little sledding competition...
and of course they didn't make it down the hill without a little friendly wrestling :-)
Thanks for having us Nicole and Kris, we had such a great time and now that we know Layla will be a good sleeper at the cabin we may just have to overstay our welcome!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Morning-

What a fun post....you may just have a lil snow bunny on your hands!!

Love,

Super AA
PS That lil Ryker IS a cutie.

Stephanie H said...

How fun! That is wonderful Layla had such a good time!