Friday, February 19, 2010

Celebration & Sadness

Celebration-


On Thursday, February 18 my grandpa turned 80!! Happy birthday, Grandpa!
He is such a wonderful grandpa and great grandpa to Layla and Shea. We celebrated with a dinner on Sunday night and he made sure to bring his baby treats, M&M's :-)
We met at a restaurant and Shea and Layla were very excited to see each other and a tad bit WiLd!! Ryan took them into the lobby a couple times to get their wiggles out. Just look at Layla's face..she was feeling a bit mischievous :-)
And on the same day my grandpa celebrated the big 8-0 milestone, we said good-bye to another family member, my great aunt Katie.
You might remember that Layla and I were able to celebrate Katie's 90th birthday with her in November. My aunt Ann put on a little party for her and I am so thankful Layla and I were able to join in on the festivities as this would turn out to be the last time we would visit with Katie.
Katie was such a unique and fun-loving person and she will be missed very much, but at the same time I am so happy that she is at peace now.
Here are a couple pictures of Katie and Layla, Katie referred to Layla as "her baby" :-)

4 comments:

Michelle B said...

Sorry to hear about your loss...it's never easy no matter what the circumstance.

Annie said...

Morning -

Loved your post....and I'm sure Katie is beaming from above - as she loved that lil " boy " Layla.

Congrats to Big Pete....

Love,

Super AA

Stephanie H said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt Katie. That is wonderful you were able to see her one last time.

Anonymous said...

Hello my Family--

Tears to my eyes when I saw your posting of Kate!! Kate did enjoy seeing the little ones if not in person in pics or on the FLIP!

What a nice place to relax in Wis.
!!!!!!!

Love to all sa J