Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rocking the Vote

- Happy election day! Ryan voted early this morning and Layla and I went this afternoon. A couple of workers wanted to hold Layla while I was voting, but I wanted to bring her in for the voting experience. And I didn't really want strangers holding Layla while I was behind a curtain...call me overprotective :-)

Anyway, Layla was a hit at the polls in her Election Day wardrobe...

Her onesie says...I Vote for a Change (my diaper's wet)

and yes she is complete with bow and legwarmers...if not on Election Day- then when?

This was my first presidential election that I voted for at the polls (I did an absentee ballot my senior year in college). I remember watching the results come in the night of the last election with three or four of my close college girlfriends. Tonight I will watch the results with my husband and daughter...geez, what a difference four years can make!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am so glad that Layla could partake in the whole voting experience - kudos to you for not letting strangers hold my niece!!

Loved her wardrobe choice too....

Love,

Super AA

Anonymous said...

Awww, her outfit is adorable!

Anonymous said...

My Buggles looks adorable. Her leg warmers are very patriotic. Her cousin is very excited that they are experiencing history so early in their lives!

We'll see you soon.

C, J, and S