The end of summer and beginning of fall have been fun. We have visited parks (with our cute little cousin Frankie!), frequented apple orchards, rode horses and Ryan and I even had a night away for a wedding.
But first, a small school update.
Take today for example. Both kids were able to be the teacher's helper.
Layla earned the coveted spot by saving and cashing in fuzzies from good classroom behavior. This is her third time being teacher's helper this year. I think she has been in school for six weeks? Maybe? She is a positive reinforcement type of girl.
Grady, on the other hand, was given this position today in an attempt to get him into the preschool classroom. The teacher's aide told Grady he could be the line leader and pass out the apples and be the teacher's helper for the day. The bribe trick worked. He still had to be mostly dragged into the classroom. But he did end up in the classroom. And don't let me leave out that his coat was firmly still on his body because he decided he did not want to take it off today. Yep. He is struggling a bit at drop-off. But they promise me he does fine once I leave.
Layla and Grady made Ryan and I laugh at dinner as they traded stories from their big days. Such different little kids. But that makes life a lot more interesting. I thought about not posting this story but I want to remember these little memories from their early school years. My memory is short and I will probably just remember it all as easy and wonderful. Which it mostly is...with a lot of these moments thrown in. Ha!
And do you know what the teacher told me? To enjoy this little season of Grady clinging to me and not wanting to leave my side. She said I will miss it when he is in middle school and running as far away from me as possible. She is patient and understanding and probably right.
Here's to hoping for easier drop-offs in our future.


2 comments:
Hello my kids--
Yes, he will enjoy school-Layla will insist on IT!!!!
love to all, sa J
Been there done that - he will be fine Kristin <3
Love,
SuperAA
Post a Comment