Happy 2014!! I now bring you Christmas 2013!!
We like to celebrate our family Christmas on Christmas Eve morning. So Santa comes a night early to our house. Layla went to bed immediately the night before Christmas Eve. She was so excited for the next morning. Grady went to bed but kept calling us back in and asking about Ho Ho (Santa). He was nervous about Santa coming into our house. We did not think Grady would get it that much this year. But he did AND he has had a really nice language explosion!
Both were so fun to watch grow this season.
The next morning. Layla was up early for her, around 7. We held her off until 8 when we went in and woke up Grady. They.were.pumped. Grady is dancing in the picture below.
He is such a funny little guy. Layla was squealing, she was so excited.
The kids' pajamas were from Carter's. I sewed a fabric circle and their initials
over a little snowman on the tops to personalize them.
I think they ended up costing $9 each and required very little sewing time!
Layla discovers the sweet shop and Grady loved our elf's final adventure for the year :)
Layla loved this sweet shop. It was not something she "had her eye on." That is a common phrase from Layla. It is her way of getting around asking for things. Instead she likes to tell us she has her eye on different items. Layla told me next year she is not asking for anything. She wants all surprises!
They were so excited to open!
Grady and his firetruck. This is all he talked about wanting from Santa for the
entire month of December.
And then two days before Christmas Grady threw tow truck ("go kuck") into the mix. Yikes! Two requests?!? Layla told him, "Grady...it is too late to ask Santa for more things now." But not too late for mom and dad I guess! I made one attempt at Marshall's and decided if there was a tow truck I would grab one. I made my way into the store and there were TWO tow trucks to choose from. I picked the smaller of the two and we had one thrilled little boy.
Layla received a lot of presents to make and create and explore with this year.
Baking, necklace and bracelet making, a marble run, leap pad games....we have been busy over break!
Grady got a lot of vehicles, train toys and boy dress up clothes this year. He didn't mind the princess gowns but he is loving having a more balanced mix to choose from.
Marble run. You should see Blue watch the marble go through the run. So funny.
We had a very Pinterest breakfast. The reindeer and candy canes were so cute!
Ryan made all of the parts and I put all the pieces together.
Layla said she really liked them and asked if we found the idea on the Internet :)
And of course we ate our Christmas breakfast in a very classy way...
Stockings! I think the big hits in the stocking this year were new boo boo buddies.
Grady liked to be very silly kissing noses and other face parts under the mistletoe this year.
I was always chasing him with Howie to give the dog a little kiss under the mistletoe :)
Loved the sweet shop. Still does! It will be a sad day when it completely fall apart.
And that was our little Christmas morning! What fun. I wish we could go back and do it all over again. But that is why I included a ton of pictures. The Christmas posts are my favorites to look back on during the year.
More Christmas fun to come!!



























2 comments:
What beautiful memories you are creating Kristin <3
Love,
Super AA
Love all you pictures !!
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Love, sa J
Post a Comment