Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer

I cannot believe June is slipping by so quickly!  I thought the days would be harder to fill with preschool and planned activities coming to a halt, but I was so wrong.  The days have been flying.  I have captured some of our days in the pictures below but we have also had lots of appointments for the kids, been caring for and tracking the growth of the plants in our gardens and swimming at the pool.  We have also enjoyed Ryan being home a bit more.  His hours shorten a bit in the summer which is fabulous for everyone!
 
A few snapshots of our summer so far:
 
 
 

The gutters from Layla's party are getting lots of use. 
The kids have gone from racing soap to cars to boats and even to rubber ducks. 


Layla and her animals.  She loves them.  We went to a furry animal presentation at the library and Layla was really loving all of the animal facts.  She went around and pet everything.  Even everything slimy! 
Grady just kept asking where the "ruff, ruff" (dog) was :)

Layla thought this animal was a kangaroo.  It wasn't, but I can't remember what it was now.  It was the last animal in the presentation and Grady was telling me "bye bye."  Which means he is ready to go and also meant I was trying very hard to keep him nearby!  All I remember the lady saying was that it was related to the chinchilla.
I thought it kinda sorta looked like Howie :)

 
 
Layla was pumped for her bible/literacy camp.  It was three hours long and they get to eat lunch there.  She is obsessed with bible stories right now so she loved it.  Layla was tickled that they played a form of bible duck, duck, goose.

Ladybugs!  My friend Stephanie got Layla ladybugs for her birthday.  What a great gift!  We have been watching them in their larva stage and waiting for the pupa stage to come. 
Layla said, "We thought we knew a lot about ladybugs but we really didn't!"  Was she ever right! 
 

 
Doesn't everyone watch bugs during breakfast? :) 

Ladybug larva

One last birthday celebration for the kids with family! 


Trains, trains, trains.  Grady is obsessed!
 
A common sight so far this summer.  Grady playing with trains and Layla playing with her miniatures. 
 
And here is Layla before soccer practice one night.  She looks like she is warming up with a little music, but really she is listening to a little book on cd.   She loves books.  I hope it continues as she learns to read in the coming years.  (Tip for little tike soccer players.  Babylegs fit really nicely over the shin guards if you do not have any tall soccer socks!)
 
Hope your summer is off to a good start!  We cannot wait to soak in everything it has to offer!! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ENJOY ENJOY

Love all the pictures!

I still remember fun summers when
we oldies were kids!

love, sa J