Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Grady 22/23 months

Grady is just one month away from his 2nd birthday.


At 22 and 23 months he loves:

basketball-- and the Bulls, especially the opening part of the home games.  We have it recorded on our DVR, he and Layla go crazy for it.



rearranging icons on iPads/iPhones-- these handy little tools are crucial in Grady not falling asleep right before nap time in the car! Now if I could just find my text messaging icon...

pushing Layla's buttons-- he seriously already knows how to do this!  They can be really sweet together too, I especially love when they are reunited after preschool.

being outside-- especially loves our new swing set, playing golf and flipping burgers on the play BBQ set

someone deciphering his conversations-- Grady loves to talk and will converse back and forth with you.  If you guess correctly what he is saying, he loves it!  I have been hearing more words forming lately.  Just a few new added in the past week are: "I dig" "I do" "bull" "poo poo" (yes, already saying "poo poo" and thinking he is hysterical!).  His most common words right now are "dada" "basketball" "uh oh" "kitty" and "fishy."

Grady loves "planting flowers" in this sensory bin.  So easy-- beans for pretend dirt, dollar store planting cups, dollar store fake flowers and shovels and watering cans from the garage! 
playing fearlessly at the park-- Layla has just started going down big slides independently.  She has always been very cautious at the parks which I have appreciated.  Grady loves going hard at the parks and prefers to do slides on his own and giggles the whole way down.  We honestly have not had many nice days and he has already cut his lip open twice and gotten his first black eye at the parks (all three times, I have been directly behind him)!

having his little toenails painted-- It is something I have always enjoyed doing with Layla.  Grady loves to be a part of the action!  We are sticking to clear for now (our carpet cannot handle much else!), but I am sure you will see many colors on his toes in the future!

cars (favorite toy right now!) and trains

his dad-- Grady is a total daddy's boy.  He is happy as can be with me during the day but the second Ryan is home, he is by his side.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello my kids!

Love love the pics!!

our lil' peanut is all BOY now and
getting smarter everyday!

Parents have fun with your live wires!
love to all, sa J