Sunday, June 10, 2012

Party 4 a Princess

On Friday, we celebrated Layla's birthday with her big princess party.  I had a hard time deciding what to do this year.  With Grady's first birthday, I knew I wanted his party to be separate so we could celebrate just Grady.  But all of the sudden, two parties were coming quickly and they were coming close together!  It really wasn't that bad and Layla's party was on a much smaller scale.  It was Layla's first little kid party and all of the kids did really well.  We lucked out again with the weather and the party was held mostly outside.  Pictures galore below!

The four year old!
One last backyard party before we move!

Here were the favors.  Each child received a crown, wand and Disney book.  I made the crowns out of felt by the yard  and elastic from Joann Fabric.  I had looked at a few options to buy and the best deal was if I made them.  They took a couple hours one night to sew but I think they were about .20 to make each!  The books were found a couple months ago in some deal bins at a local grocery store.  It was a fun find!
The wands!  Once again, I looked at many options to buy.  The best deal was if I made them.  I bought wooden stars and wooden dowel rods and spray painted them gold.  I used the hot glue gun to secure everything together.  I love to spray paint and hot glue!

It is not a party unless a mason jar is involved :)

The table before all of the food was out


Royal guests!

Flowers for the kid tables.  The jars were saved from Grady's baby food days and the flowers were from Aldi!






The kids loved the dress up station, but it was so warm that the dressing up didn't last too long!

Prince Liam!

The magic fairy dust was a hit.  The kids poured sand and glitter into plastic bottles and then a lot of them blew it into the air.  I had read online that this was a fun activity but didn't quite understand until I saw the kids in action.  Shea is now requesting fairy dust for Liam's birthday party :)

Royal shoe and shield station



My mom gave me most of the heels from cleaning out her shoe collection and I sprayed painted them gold. 


Cinderella made a grand entrance!

Our sweet family friend, Haylee, played the role of Cinderella.  She is the sweetest person you will ever meet.  Haylee did awesome as Cinderella and had a little pack of kids following her around!

Cinderella read a story, played "Cinderella Says," and took pictures with the little kids.  Thank you to my mom for renting the costume and getting it to Haylee!

Layla brought Cinderella into her room to show her...well, everything :)  Grady also got to meet Cinderella.  He had just woken up.  Grady almost slept through the entire party!

Good-bye Cinderella!


Cake time!
Thank you Jessie for this picture!  I love it!

The royal family minus one.  Grady had already gone to bed at this point.


We ended the night with a first viewing of Cinderella for Layla and Shea.  They loved it.  Well, mostly loved it.  Layla spent most of the movie behind this blanket.  She is very sensitive to anything mildly scary in movies (the cat chasing the mice was her worry in Cinderella).  The ominous music gets her every time!

Sweet Liam and Blue fell asleep on the couch during Cinderella.  Liam was tuckered from the party!


 Happy 4th birthday, Layla!  We are glad you enjoyed your princess party so much.  
She asked me the next day if she could have one again soon :)

  Now...onto our next adventure....packing and moving.  We have an accepted offer in on a house.  It is a great house, but it is a short sale.  Short sales can be heart breakers.  Cross your fingers for us!!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Hi -
Everything I have is crossed!!

What a great party - you could definitely be an event planner Kristin :))


Love,

Super AA