This week was it, the big first day of preschool. I think for both Layla and I the anticipation was much harder than the actual day. Layla did great. She spent a lot of time at the writing center and art easel while I was there (the parents stayed for about an hour today) and created no less than eight projects for me. She was excited which made it easier for me to leave. The hardest part is and will probably continue to be not knowing exactly what takes place everyday. I have been with Layla everyday, all day for the past three years and three months. It is a tough habit to break.
Highlights from Layla after the day was over:
"I got stuck in the bathroom. Miss "V" had to get me out with a screwdriver."
From the info I gathered from Layla, I think she locked the bathroom stall and didn't know how to get out. I will talk to the teacher about it next week :) Layla loved that Miss "V" had a screwdriver in the classroom.
"Some boys weren't listening to Miss "V" so I told them to sit down."
Oh boy!
"A little boy was crying because he missed his mommy. I didn't cry because I didn't miss my mommy."
This one made me a bit sad but I am happy that Layla enjoyed her first day. It is only five hours a week, I can do it. But I do have a prediction....kindergarten is going to be rough for me.
Here's to a happy year of preschool to Layla and her friends!!







2 comments:
Hello my kids--
Kris, I love it please keep up with Laylaisms!!!!
Love the pics will print for Gram.
love to all, saJ
Love this post, love the quotes. I also love the fact they get to do this together. Levi is looking forward to going WITH Layla next week.
Post a Comment