Friday, April 22, 2011

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

Last week, my sweet mom friends threw a sprinkle for our baby-to-be.  It was such a fun morning at Kat and Holden's house and everything was so cute and Dr. Seuss themed!

Adorable cupcakes!


Poor Stephanie...by the time she arrived the cotton candy had deflated, but I still thought they were festive and delicious!  If you try to make these cupcakes (they are SO cute), Stephanie said the poofiness lasts for about 20 minutes.


The kids played and ate so well together all morning.  They were missing their friend Jack because he was home with his mom and new baby sister!  Little Ella decided to make her debut a few weeks earlier than expected. 
She is adorable and doing great!
The name (I think everyone who reads this blog already knows the name from chatting with Layla, myself, my sister and/or my parents but here it is!).  You will see this banner again in the baby's nursery, so cute!

Here are a couple of the adorable items gifted to Grady, I wish I had pictures of everything but my camera is in the shop getting in tip top shape for the arrival of the baby.  Papa-Papa-razzi....that would be me!  My friend Jessie made both of  these items, the blanket/quilt was made to match the bedding we picked out from Pottery Barn.  I was so surprised she did this and it is beautiful.

Cute clothesline of onesies and outfits.  I cannot believe I am going to have someone so little again!

The grand finale of the party had to be the fish favors!   Perfectly in theme, everyone got to take one home and as you can imagine...the toddlers went wild for this!  Our blue fish, Goldy (Layla named him), is doing well.  Our orange cat, Blue (Ryan and I named him, hmmmm), has taken on a new hobby of fish watching.
 Layla told him, "Blue, you silly.  Dinosaurs and eagles like fish, not cats." :)

It was so much fun celebrating baby Grady for the day.
He is coming into the world to meet a very nice playgroup of buddies.
Thank you to my sweet girlfriends for making the arrival of our second baby so special!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello my family--
What a wonderful party your Moms did for you and G-man!!! You all seem to look after one another!

Love the cupcakes.
How long you do you think Goldy will last??

love to all, sa J

Annie said...

Howdy -

You are very lucky to have such support & love coming your way......and yes...I knew your future sons name...not going to tell you how I found out tho :)

Love,

Super AA