As promised, here are some pictures of our soon to be son and brother. Layla thinks we should name him "baby boy." For now it works as Ryan and I have a lot of work to do in the name department!
This little boy is extremely active. Prior to the ultrasound, I kept telling people that I felt the baby all over my belly. It was confirmed during the ultrasound when he was all the way to the left, and then the right, and then far down and far up. The ultrasound tech could even feel him moving through the doppler. My goodness, he is already his father's son. In comparison, Layla was already in the head down position for her 20 week ultrasound and kicked but didn't move around in my belly at all during the hour ultrasound. I am already noticing the girl/boy differences :)
I think the 3D ultrasound pictures are just too freaky. However, it is does confirm that we will be entering Ryan and baby into many daddy/son look-alike contests. He is all Ryan except for the nose.
Just for some quick stats, the baby was estimated to be exactly one pound.
Layla was 14oz at her halfway point.
And a smile for us...or maybe it is just gas :) I promise I have photographic evidence that this baby is a little boy. The picture was a little too graphic for the blog. Let's just say I can't tell an abdomen from a head on the ultrasound but I easily made the discovery that he was all boy!
All is still going well with the pregnancy. I am still nauseous a lot of the time but I am able to eat my way through the nausea for the most part which is helpful. The nausea comes in peaks and valleys and I have a feeling it just is what it is. I am prepared to deal with it through the end of the pregnancy. Physically, I have decided that boys make me sicker....and thicker! I cannot stop eating, partly because of the nausea and partly because I am hungry all of the time. With Layla I had no appetite and I was drinking Ensure to help pack on the pounds. So that is the update, we are shifting our minds from pink to blue....and have quite a bit of work and shopping to do around here!!



3 comments:
Great pics of the little man! Can't wait to hear the name and his new room when all is said and done. And of course, I can't wait to meet him in person. How exciting! Hopefully the nausea will subside at least a little more for you! And thicker??? Seriously girl-you look fantastic!!!!
Morning -
Wow - what modern technology can do these days!!
Continue to feel better - there's only 4 more months to go :)
Love,
Super AA
this is so exciting, kristin! thanks for the updates, it's fun to read!! :)
--amy v
Post a Comment