Baby number two is due to arrive in May! Ryan and I are beyond thrilled to welcome another baby into the family and Layla is pumped to be a big sister. She has a preference of "only a sister, no frothers" right now, but we have decided to stop trying to convince her that it could be a brother...we will deal with it at 20 weeks if necessary :-)
The road to my 2nd trimester has been rough. I have been sick. I have come to realize I am so not one of those people who sail through pregnancy with ease. For those who experienced Layla's pregnancy with me, things has been much worse this time around. I have had a couple trips to the hospital for fluids, many doctors' appointments and 2 ultrasounds. The first ultrasound was at 7 weeks to make sure there was only one baby...there was!! I had another ultrasound at 9 weeks to make sure the baby was growing properly with the sickness and he/she looked great with adorable legs and arms and he/she was really a wiggle worm!
With all of that being said about the sickness, I am feeling better and much more human-like during the days right now. Nights are still rough but my actual getting sick moments have gone down to just once or twice an evening. I am hoping the nausea/sickness go away soon and my wish is soon enough for me to have a Thanksgiving feast! This lady is hungry for some real food!!
I literally don't think we would have made it through without all of the support we received from family and friends. We were so grateful for the daytime babysitters (thank you to everyone, with a special thank you to my dad who came whenever I needed him), meals, meal gift cards, snacks, pick-me-up gifts and cards that were sent our way. It meant so much to us and helped get us through a rough couple months. And I cannot leave out Ryan who has been working so hard to keep our house/life moving along as normal as possible. He literally does it all and I have no idea how he does it, but I am so grateful he does!
I had to include some pictures of the "big sister in training." She is nursing her babies (she likes to emulate Aunt Cassie) and teaching the babies about potty training....nope Layla is not potty trained yet herself. In fact, just yesterday she told me both she and the new baby would be in diapers....oh boy, let's hope not!!!



9 comments:
Morning -
I'l SO happy you are feeling better and are posting again :)
This lil babe has been quite the challenge thus far - but - nothing the Janisch/Sloan clan can't handle. Layla is as beautiful as ever and I always enjoy seeing new photos.
If you need more cards - just holler :)
Love,
Super AA
Hello my family--
Love the pics of the BIG Sister!
Very very happy you are feeling better.
Ryan, you are the best!
love to all, sa J
Congrats on your new addition! I am sure it will all be worth it in the end...at least that's what I told myself when I was pregnant and sick all the time! You are strong and can do it! Can't wait to meet a little brother or sister for Layla!
Kelley Deibert=)
Welcome back to the blogging world! It could be my own pregnancy hormones but this post almost got me a little teary. I’m so sad you had such a rough first trimester but am thankful that you are seeing light on the other side. Your friends and Layla’s playmates have missed you both and are so happy to hear you are starting to feel better. Soon you’ll be feeling those kicks and adoring that swelling belly and this first trimester will be a thing of the past :)
so happy you are feeling better! Adorable post!
so happy you are feeling better! Adorable post!
Congrats to you, Ryan, and Layla! SO GLAD you are finally feeling better. I really hope you will be able to enjoy your Thanksgiving meal:>) Love, Georgi
Glad to hear you are feeling better! I'm not one of those people who sails through pregnancy either...it can be really rough.
Congrats! :)
HEY HEY HEY! We are super excited about your second...and it'll be perfect as both of our kids will be similar in age! We can't wait!!! Todd and Lisa
Post a Comment